The development, validation, and implementation of non-animal tests for quality control of vaccines require a coordinated dialogue and collaboration between the different stakeholders.
The VAC2VAC consortium includes twenty organisations from eight different countries including all relevant stakeholders:
- research institutes (RIVM, NIBSC, PEI, ISS, AGES, WIV-ISP, JRC, Intravacc and BPRC)
- academia (UU, UMCG, HU)
- national and European control authorities (RIVM, NIBSC, PEI, ISS, AGES, WIV-ISP)
- regulatory agencies (MEB)
- human and veterinary vaccine industry (SP, GSKBio, Zoetis, MSD, Merial, BI) and
- vaccine-related alliances (EVI, IABS-EU)
VAC2VAC facilitates efficient partnership whereby all members provide scientific, technical and regulatory know-how, with the aim of ensuring the successful development of innovative non-animal methods and the implementation of the consistency approach for vaccine quality control.